Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Tanner Tree


Each year, my dad goes to his cabin Thanksgiving weekend to search for the perfect Christmas tree for their house and whoever else in the family wants one that year. Tanner's first Christmas was spent at my parents house, and my mom had asked my dad to get Tanner his very own tree for his room. I wasn't so sure that was a good idea....but that year when my dad went out for trees, he found a tree that was pretty much the same size as Tanner. He didn't cut the tree down, but each year he takes note on how that tree is growing in comparison to Tanner. This year was extra special because Tanner actually got to go to grandpa's cabin Christmas tree hunting...and this is the picture grandpa got of Tanner next to the "Tanner Tree". Yes, it is named the "Tanner Tree".

My brother Chet also went that weekend (yes, his wife Shonnie, now pregnant with their 2nd set of twins let him go since he probably won't get to go next year...he may be busy) and Tanner had the time of his life shooting clay pigeons, and even got a couple of rabbits. Grandpa was going to teach Tanner the correct process of skinning and eating the rabbits (the kind that is okay to eat...don't ask me which one that is). For any of you that KNOW Tanner at all, he has to be the pickiest eater IN THE WORLD!!! So, lucky for him, as they "dug into" the rabbits, they looked infected or something gross, so they didn't actually eat them. He lucked out this time, but I'm sure grandpa won't miss another hunting opportunity to let him eat his catch!!!

3 comments:

ferkyfam said...

Ahhh yes, the famous Tanner Tree... My how you've grown! --
Too bad he didn't get to taste that yummy bunny! Better luck next time. :)

Paige said...

Please don't ever blog about puss infected rabbits again. I think I need some pepto now, my tummy is sad.
So glad that tanner is growing nicely along with the tree.

Miss B said...

I think Tanner and I both fit nicely into the picky eater category!

I'm trying the blogging thing, not sure how low it will last...
miss--bailey.blogspot.com

B